Quest for True Happiness
The quest for true happiness is a matter of choice. It is a positive attitude we consciously choose to express. It is not a gift that gets delivered to our doorway each morning, nor does it come through the window. Moreover, I am certain that our problems and circumstances are just a small part of what makes us joyful. If we wait for them to get just right, we will never find lasting joy.
The pursuit of happiness is an innermost journey. Our minds are like programs, awaiting the code that will determine behaviors, much more like a bank vaults awaiting our deposits. If we regularly deposit positive, optimistic, encouraging, and uplifting thoughts, if we continue to bite our lips just before we begin to grumble and protest, if we shoot down that seemingly harmless negative thought as it evolves, we will find that there is much to rejoice about.
- Happiness is not by chance; but by choice. –Jim Rohn
- Every choice you make has an end result. –Zig Ziglar
- Right now you are one choice away from a new beginning—one that leads you toward becoming the fullest human being you can be. –Oprah Winfrey
- Look for your choices, pick the best one, and then go with it. –Pat Riley
- If you choose not to decide, you still have made a chance. –Neil Peart
- For what is the best choice, for each individual is the highest it is possible for him to achieve. –Aristotle
- A man is happy so long as he chooses to be happy. –Alexander Solzhenitsyn
- What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life. –Leo Buscaglia
- There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them. –Denis Waitley
- Instead of looking at life as a narrowing funnel, we can see it ever widening to choose the things we want to do, to take the wisdom we’ve learned and create something. –Liz Carpenter
Posted on August 23, 2011, in Live ♥ Laugh ♥ Love and tagged Aristotle, Denis Waitley, happiness, Jim Rohn, Leo Buscaglia, Liz Carpenter, matter of choice, Neil Peart, Oprah Winfrey, Pat Riley, quest for true happiness, Zig Ziglar. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.